Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tomorrow


(Post Valentine's Day Announcement)



Tomorrow I will buy a bouquet for the breakfast table
I will sign a post card dedicated to myself
And write myself Happy Valentine’s Day!


Tomorrow I will dust the mirror
I will ripen my lips like a luscious apple
And paint my nails flamenco red


Tomorrow I will walk barefoot and splash in every puddle
I will let the wind blow my head scarf in the air
And let the sparrows nest in my curly hair


Tomorrow I will go insane
I will elope with the Prince of Wales
And cross the Sahara on the back of a crooked camel


Tomorrow I will be impossible
I will pour the water from the Atlantic to the Pacific with a pail
And squeeze all the rose buds to bloom in a day


Tomorrow I will fall again
Down Niagara Falls
Down Sears Towers
Down Himalayas


But not in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment