Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Letter 2

How hard it was to learn
To spend the night without

The pillow of your arm without
Your leg touching mine without

Your breaths rhyming me a lullaby
How soon I learned to sleep without …

How terribly I miss those
Terrible nights of Avonex  

When you were burning with fever
And I spent the night between

The bedroom and the bathroom
To keep the hand towel wet.

Tell me are you well?
Do you remember?

Do you not miss my hair in the tub
My notes and books all over the floor?

Are you still angry at the credit card debts
At my foolish shopping at Target and Kohl’s?

And at the telephone bills for
Talking with my mom in Tehran?

Do you still think your mom
Was a better cook than I was?

Tell me! Do you miss me
Sometimes? You forgot?

No comments:

Post a Comment