Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hey Hoo

I want to let go of all the feathers
I kept in my elementary school books
On those pages that had poems
By Mostafa Rahmandoust
I want to climb the school tower
And shout out loud all the verses
They made me memorize
The pomegranate with rubies inside
The song of the rain on the tin roofs
Little girl, little girl do not be a fool
Life is fine, love and respect all
Be good, be good, be true!

I want to tear my book of Hafiz
And let his Ghazals fly page by page
Like magic flying carpets
Over the city of mice and men
I want to cast a spell and turn
The school trees into nude bar maids
Drinking wine from pitchers
With their body hairs purple
And their left arms flung in the air
All humming “Heyyyyy hey hey 
Hoooooo hoo hoo
Life is short, too too too!”

No comments:

Post a Comment