Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fall

Through the little frame of my window I see
Sleepy trees that snore tall,
Brown, red, and yellow leaves  that fall
Against the gray or blue background of sky,
Birds and clouds that fly low and high,
Squirrels and deer that run by,
This neighboring willow that weeps in rain,
And at times a passerby with a bunch of flowers
Who reads my stone face and frowns in vain.

Here I have fallen forever
With my tired body cold, and covered
In this cozy little room deep down in dark,
Listening to wind and dry leaves’ lullaby,
Resting in peace while the world goes by.

Distance is a moment--
The moment that ends all--
Like a dry leaf that swirls and falls.
That’s all.

1 comment:

  1. i like sleepy trees that snore tall and some of the rhyme schemes that are natural, not forced.

    ReplyDelete