Thursday, April 5, 2012

Persistent Date

All night he talked
About his glorious ancestors
And his inglorious mom

Those who were members
Of the parliaments of thieves
And this one who cooks like a royal chef

Told me of his masters
Of engineering in manipulation
And his PhD in accumulation

Of wealth in Tehran, Dubai and Westchester
His project of getting NASA retired to the moon
But did not ask about me, a single question

Except one: “Shall we call it a date?”
It sounds like a funeral fruit to my ears
Served over my dead body.

“Shall I have a kiss?” his eyes glitter.
I put a purple one in his palm.
“It’s dark. It’s healthier,” I giggle.

He stayed where I left him at the gate
A statue of a waving man sending me e-mails
After e-mails about his achievements.

Oh, I have never had such a persistent date.

No comments:

Post a Comment