Friday, April 13, 2012

Esta Noche

Tonight
I will be the bride
Of the cherry blossoms of College Walk.
I will whirl to the chorus
Of the spring sparrows’ song.

Tonight
I will shoot an arrow in the dark.
I will give it a try
The nineteen eighties’ Modern Talk
“Love is ecstasy” and such stuff.

Tonight
I will crown myself with a garland of blossoms.
I will wear nothing but my shoes of fire.
I will walk on the edge of the night
Between remorse and flight.

Tonight
I will make you drunk
With my lips of Chilean Shiraz.
I will recite Neruda
Till the morning approaches;
“Es bueno, amor, sentir te cerca de mi, en la noche.”

Tonight
I will sleep surrounded by your arms
Like an island in the sea.
I will promise you by las estrellas y la luna
“Seras otra que vivira, manana.”
You and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment